Sunday 1 January 2012

Walking into a new beginning ...

I guess I have always known the scripture that says God is an ever present help in the time of trouble but sometimes scriptures don't mean much to you until you actually experience something where you have to apply the scripture by faith.
As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been on blogger for a while and part of the reason is because I started a new job which is probably one of the most difficult jobs I have ever had. When I first started the job I was very grateful that I had a well paying job but at the same time I found it so hard. On some occassions on Sunday night I dreaded Monday because I knew that I have to go back to work the following day. Then come Mon to Fri, half the time when I got back from work I was so tired, I spent most of my free time sleeping. So you may be wondering why I didn't leave? Well as much as I found it difficult, I believe that God ordered my steps to end up in that job. I prayed and fasted after the interview and also before accepting the job and I felt that God wanted me to take it. So I kept asking myself, why I am getting so stressed with this job then?

I prayed and then realised a few things.
God wanted me to have this job because, with other jobs I could do things in my own strength but with this one I have to rely fully on Him to be able to get through each day.
#Lesson learnt: Trusting and relying on God

In order to get my peace back, I had to pray for God to help me not get stressed out with work and have peace in my heart no matter how difficult things were. So in the process I got to know God as Jehovah Shalom #Lesson learnt: Knowing God for who He is

Just because something is God's will for my life doesn't mean that it will always be a smooth sailing ride and not face any obstacles. Challenges will come, but when they do He will be there to walk us through them. Jesus said in John 16:33, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

So my job may not be the best job in the world or the most stress free, but glory be to God things have gotten so much better over the last few months and I pray that as I continue to rely on God, His grace will continue to carry me and enable me to do this job and bring glory to His name.

So 2011 is gone and we're starting a new chapter in our lives...
This year I have resolved to make this an exceptional year...with God on my side I know that the sky is the limit....

I am so grateful because God answered so many of my prayers in 2011 but there are still some unresloved issues. One particular unresloved issue seems to me a bit like Hannah's issue in 1 Samuel which had persisted for many years. But even though God chose not to give it to me in 2011, I praise Him with all my heart. I stand and speak of the faithfulness of God. He is a good God, He is mighty, powerful and all knowing. And I believe He knows best and will certainly give it to me in His own time.
I want to encourage you not to lose heart my friends, maybe you also have things you believed God for in 2011 and it seems like He may have forgotten you or disspointed you. Do not lose heart, He is an awesome, loving God who knows what He is doing. Keep loving, believing and serving Him and watch how He will cause you to rise and bring you into your promised land at the appointed time.

Happy New Year and may 2012 bring God's best into your life. xoxo

P.S I haven't been blogging or doing blog rounds for a long time but I will hopefully get back into it soon. :)

11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year dear...I know exactly how you feel about the job...same thing here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand a bit of what you must be going through in your job. Thank God for His Grace that is sufficient for you. Thank God too that you chose to see the things to learn such as trusting Him in everything. Thank God for answered prayers in 2011. Thank God for an even more fulfilling and awesome 2012. Happy New Year dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely message
    I pray 2012 will bring you blessings and so much more than 2011
    Lots of love
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new job. Glad to know you are staying in God's will for you.

    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering where you went to.Glad to see you back.
    I learnt a lot from your post and I believe God will perfect that which concerns you. Like you said just keep looking to Him.
    have a great 2012 ahead filled with pleasant surprises all around.happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job and hope it turns out OK. Happy New Year, and thanks for the lovely prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :)
    happy New Year, Please check out my blog: www.mobolar.blogspot.com n follow back :)
    Nice blog, definetley followsing you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this...Going through a rough time right now in my career and I was just asking God why...Joseph's story came to my mind, He never really had it easy as well, and When God said it was time, then it was time!
    Its hard, but I know He will see us through this as well.

    Praying for you too dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year dear.
    I wish you the very best in this new year and I pray that you'll always remember it as the year where your greatest expectations were met.
    Your strength really inspired me and I learnt a lot from this post.
    Thanks for sharing. He will continue to give you strength to reach greater heights
    (Big hug)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year and I'll be praying that everything works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been blogging in a long time either! But i do miss you!! I had a rough 2011 myself...but new opportunities and Gods faithfulness are bringing us through 2012! Please stop by and say hello, I have a new blog page about my new business (and I still have the old one too). Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails