Saturday 19 June 2010

Summer- where on earth are you?



Dear Summer

It is with sadness that I write this letter to ask you a question that's been on every one's mind (but most are not bold enough to ask it)What on earth do you think you're doing? I'm becoming a little worried because you seem to be suffering from an identity crisis. You dearest Summer, are supposed to be a period of hot, usually sunny weather, the lovely season between Spring and Autumn. Instead all we have is cloudy, cold and miserable days. Get your act together please!

You should normally visit us between the months of May to the middle of August in the UK.


We've had no real summer for a while now and we are wondering if you have been kidnapped, bribed or even killed. Many people are leaving the UK every year in search of you, they can't stand this sudden dissapering act you've pulled. I don't blame them and if I could afford it, I'd probably do the same.

The most frustrating thing for me is my summer wardrobe. Summer you should have seen how I hit the High Streets preparing myself for your visit. I went and got nothing but the best for you. Colourful Dresses, Shorts, Swimwear, Sandals, Bangles, Hats, Sunglasses ... you name it, I got it and then you show up for five seconds and disappear and you call that a visit. Its downright rude and inconsiderate, considering all that I have done to prepare for your arrival. 
Instead of milkshakes and cokes, we're having to settle for hot chocolate right in the middle of summer. Imagine that! Even the central heating is wishing it could get a break....
I'm saying this for everyone, we all long to go to the park, beach and so on and get to have bbqs and play games, sports, you name it.
For a long time you have continued to behave in an unpredictable and inappropriate way and I think its high time you mend your ways or else....
Summer zvibate and get yourself here, it's time for goch goch ... wasara wasara!


Hope to see you soon


Yours faithfully


Gospel Girly aka GG (on behalf of the British public)





 image: courtesy of "fordesign".

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails