Monday 19 July 2010

Just One Touch


Mark 5:25-34
Many years ago I read a book called The Midas Touch and it was about a king who had special powers and everything he touched turned to gold. Now you may be thinking wow, I sure wish I had that kind of power, I would touch as many thing as I could and get myself some gold. But I know another King who has special powers. But his touch doesn’t bring about gold. No, it brings something far better than gold. Just a touch from Jesus can take you from zero to hero.

The "woman with the issue of blood" in the scripture knew that just one encounter with Jesus could transform her situation. Her faith led to her breakthrough. In the same way, whatever you need in your life; one touch from Jesus can give you breakthrough.
Just one touch from Jesus can:
- bring you out of debt
- bring divine healing in your body
-deliver you from sin and addiction
Your marriage may be falling apart, your child may be running amok, your womb may be barren. It doesn’t matter what you’re facing. Only believe that Jesus can resolve any issue in your life. Though circumstances may seem to indicate otherwise, don't lose hope. Keep on believing.
Habakkuk 3:17-19 says
17 Though the fig tree does not bud
       and there are no grapes on the vines,
       though the olive crop fails
       and the fields produce no food,
       though there are no sheep in the pen
       and no cattle in the stalls,  18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
       I will be joyful in God my Savior.
 19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
       he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
       he enables me to go on the heights. 

Let us not consider the dismal surroundings but rejoice in God, who strenghtens and enables us to climb to the challenging high places referred to in scripture as the "heights." We may get weary but let us hold on to Him who is faithful, He who will remain true forever and ever.

Reflection
Is there an area of life where you need breakthrough? You may have tried everything else in vain. Today I urge you to draw nearer to Jesus in faith, touch Him and experience total restoration. He is waiting for you...

Prayer
Lord I come to you with this situation.........deliver me, in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails