Wednesday 21 July 2010

Smarty Pants ... or so you think?

A forty something year old man sits on a rush hour morning train from Brentwood to Liverpool Street talking to a fellow passenger.

"Look stop kidding yourself, there's no God," the man says to the young teen sitting next to him.

"I know and believe in my heart that there is a God. He's loving and kind and He's all powerful," the teen replied

"Kind? That's absurd! If He's kind why do we have wars and terrorists and all this bad stuff happening?"

"I'm not sure but I think its because we have removed God from every aspect of our lives. We have taken Him out of schools and other public establishments for fear of offending others but without Him we have no protection. Also we live in a fallen world where the enemy and sin prevail. I believe the enemy is responsible for all the chaos in the world. God is the perfect gentleman and He won't force His way into our lives."

"I don't know where you get all this religious tosh from but if I were you I'd stop myself from getting brain washed any further."

"I'm not brain washed, it's the truth. I hope some day you will experience the power of God in your life and know that He is real."

"Power of God, my foot!"the man says as he gets up from his seat to leave the train. No sooner had he taken two steps, his trouser, which isn't belted, suddenly comes down all the way down to his ankles. He frantically bends over to pull it back up and in the process loses his balance and falls over, landing face down with his backside in the air.
Everyone in the train carriage stares in amazement at his yellow poker dot underwear as he struggles to get up and get himself into a more dignified state, whilst mumbling all sorts of profanities.
His eyes meet the young teen's gaze and the young teen winks at him and says, "There is a God!"

"Only a fool says there is no God..." paraphrase of Psalms 14:1

I wrote this story after being inspired by the incident below in the paper. See below... lol

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3036365/Mayor-bans-prayers-then-his-trousers-fall-down.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1290869/Colin-Hall-Labour-mayors-trousers-fall-speaks-schoolchildren.html

Image courtesy of Metro UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails