Wednesday 1 September 2010

A love like no other...

I love my family to bits. And there's nothing I wouldn't do for them and I know without a doubt they feel the same way about me too. I would do anything in my power to make sure they never lack or get distressed in any way. I would defend and support them in their times of weakness and try to make sure that no one ever did them wrong.

The other day God made me realise that He loves me even more than I love my family. And since He loves me more, wouldn't He be more concerned about my welfare than I could ever be concerned about those I love.
I realised in that instant that I should trust Him more than I do. After all He loves me more than I love my own family and if I am willing to do anything for any member of my family.
What more would God be willing to do for me?

Yes, it is sometimes hard to trust God when things are not going the way we want them to...we ask well does he really care? If He did would he let my loved one die? Would He not give me the job I want and so forth?
I don't have all the answers and it's certainly not easy to trust during such times but I've learnt that through the good or bad, He is the best person to cling to all the time. I share my anger and frustration with Him and tell Him honestly how I feel about everything and you know what, He totally understands my pain and my fear. During such times He gives me the grace to get through the situation and when I look back now I don't know how I got through some of those times... but I'm glad I stuck with Him.

I've always been very protective of my younger siblings. I remember when we were in Junior School, if anyone messed about with my brother or sister they had to answer to me. And because I was a Prefect in the school, it made me a force to be reckoned with. And so people knew not to mess with those dearest to me.



God feels the same way about us but take that feeling and multiply it by a zillion, that's just the beginning of measuring how much God cares about our lives.  He calls us the apple us His eye, His treasured possession...wow that's so amazing, that  a God so big and magnificent could take the time to care about each and everyone of us in a unique and individual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails